Covid-19 Stage 1 Roadmap to Recovery – Members Course Use Rules
RESUMPTION OF COMPETITION GOLF 2020
As you may or may not be aware competition golf can be played in groups of four as from the 18th May. The Match Committee have met and competition play will commence on Thursday 28 May 2020.
The following conditions still apply and as all of you have played under these conditions there should not be any problems.
- Golf is still mainly for exercise only. Social distancing still applies and will be enforced
- Play your round of golf and leave
- No congregating/ drinking in the car park
- Only four players on putting practice green at any one time
- Only four persons on a tee bed at any time. If necessary wait between the green and tee bed until the tee is clear
- No guests until further notice
- Try and arrive at the course about 15 minutes before your tee time. We do not want groups gathering around the clubhouse.
- Players teeing off at the start of their game have priority. If you wish to play 18 holes socially wait until there is a tee clear time.
- Prizes will be vouchers only, to be collected the week after the game.
- The pace of play is even more important under the present conditions. We cannot have groups banking up behind slower groups. To assist with this, it is suggested that in a group of four the first two who putt out move to the next tee in readiness to hit off. The pace of groups will be monitored.
- Online booking will remain for all golf except Monday and Sunday
- Ladies resume on 2 June 2020
- If you have booked a time on the 28th May or later it will be deleted and you will have to rebook
- Social golf Tuesday, Thursday Saturday book time in social golf section of booking sheet
- In the short term you will only be able to book one week ahead
SATURDAY AND THURSDAY ROLLING START
Morning players collect cards and pay competition fee upstairs then leave via deck exit.
All players mark and sign their own cards and on completion place in box upstairs and leave via deck exit
All cards have to be returned completed or not.
Competition fees to be paid by card if possible. Payment in cash will have to be exact amount no change given.
Bar and kitchen closed
Afternoon players to pay competition fee at conclusion of game and names crossed off starting sheet by designated person.
WEDNESDAY, FRIDAY AND SUNDAY 9 HOLE EVENTS
Players collect cards at starters room and pay entry fee into green fee box with name clearly legible
Place completed cards in green fee box when completed.
You can still play social golf you do not have to enter the 9 hole competition
THE THREAT FROM THIS VIRUS IS NOT OVER – CONTINUE TO ABIDE BY THE CONDITIONS IN FORCE
- Display to prominently your current bag tag to assist in identification.
- Remember do not use bunker rakes. Use your foot and or club.
- Avoid pulling the pin out.
- Stay Safe – Wash Hands and 1.5 metre Distancing
In the case of a dangerous situation arising, such as an approaching lightning storm, members should take action to protect themselves prior to a storm impacting the course. Where possible the committee will warn players of the situation by means of a siren or other method and play is suspended on notice of the situation. Players may suspend their game if such notice is not forthcoming and danger is imminent
Play is not usually suspended or cancelled due to hot weather. Members are advised to keep themselves well hydrated. There a drinking fountains near the 5th and 6th tees and fresh water taps in the vicinity of all greens.
Should any player become ill members should do what is necessary to assist. In the case of a heart attack or suspected heart attack there is a defibrillator in the foyer. The defibrillator is easy to use and members will be able to apply it if necessary. During a competition the door nearest the 9th green is unlocked to access the defibrillator. In any case an ambulance should be called and a member of the group or other person should wait near the clubhouse to direct the ambulance to where the patient may be. Members are requested to copy the clubhouse phone number to their mobile phones should the need arise to contact the clubhouse for assistance. The phone number is 03 6248 7711
As most of you are aware, we have limited sunlight hours during June and July. Members are requested to be aware of the time taken for a round so that players in the afternoon do not have to finish in semi darkness. The low handicapper in each group is responsible for ensuring that slow play is not a problem for others.
We enjoy reciprocal rights with the following golf clubs:
|Greens Beach Golf Club
St Helens Golf Club
Wynyard Golf Club
Queenstown Golf Club
Deloraine Golf Club
Goonawarra Golf Club (Sunbury Vic.)
Members of Llanherne are welcome to play at these courses without payment of the usual green fees. Llanherne members may also participate in events conducted by these clubs.
If you intend visiting any of these clubs we suggest you arrange for proof of membership/handicap to present if asked.
In March each year Llanherne conducts an interclub event with Greens Beach Golf Club with the venue alternating each year.